COVID 19 lockdown has been an opportunity to review our lifestyle and put in place plans to make some small changes that can have a big impact on our planet.
Swapping to bamboo toilet paper is a great way to make a start. Bamboo toilet paper is eco-friendly for so many reasons. Here are just some of them:
- Bamboo grows at an amazing rate – it reaches maturity in as little as 7 years and can be harvested annually after that – meaning no more destruction of ancient forests and trees to make toilet paper.
- Bamboo regrows after it is harvested – no re-planting is necessary
- Bamboo does not require any fertilizers or pesticides to grow
- Bamboo does not require heavy watering to grow
- Bamboo harvesting requires less heavy machinery than felling trees, reducing the fuel. Emissions and therefore impact on the environment
- Bamboo doesn’t require any additional chemicals to give it physical strength and softness. It isn’t bleached and has natural anti-bacterial properties.
- Bamboo does not release any toxins or chemicals as it decomposes
Switching to bamboo toilet paper is easy – and it costs the same as leading brands – meaning you’re not out of pocket
Sign up to our subscription service and it’s even easier as you never have to worry about forgetting to buy toilet paper at the supermarket again!